Friday-Sunday May 4-6th, 2018 11:00AM-5PM
18 Total Hours Training, Includes 1/2 Hour Mid Session Break Each Day
Join this transformational training in the ancient healing art of Thai Yoga in the SomaVeda® method.
You may have heard Thai Yoga referred to as Thai Yoga Massage, Thai Yoga Therapy, Thai Massage, Yoga Therapy, or its traditional names Nuad Thai or Nuad Boran. These all refer to the indigenous, vitalistic, Ayurvedic yoga practice of Thailand that took roots in Thai temples more than 2,000 years ago. This tradition of therapeutic bodywork has been passed down through through the generations and into the modern Western world through the SomaVeda® system.
Now you can learn the fundamental techniques this sacred healing practice through the renowned SomaVeda® method of Thai Yoga in one weekend!
BY TAKING THIS COURSE, YOU WILL:
- Learn to perform a one hour SomaVeda® Thai Yoga session, comprised of 19 dynamic asanas in the supine, side lying, prone and seated positions. Discover critical components of effective Thai Yoga Therapy such as supportive body mechanics, guided breath work, and the concept of bodywork as moving meditation.
- Approach learning in depth sequences using the “flow” technique, a hallmark of the SomaVeda® system. Rooted in Filipino martial arts, this technique allows students to efficiently develop muscle memory and emphasize easeful transitions, while preparing the students for further, more advanced levels of training.
- Gain understanding of the basic elements of Thai Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology, such as the Seven Chakras, Meridians and Acupoints, and Indications/Contraindications for specific postures. Develop awareness of the cultural and historical background of Traditional Thai Therapy to enrich the beginnings of your practice.
Beneficial for both the practitioner and receiver alike, SomaVeda® Thai Yoga is a perfect skill for anyone interested in holistic therapeutic work for the body, mind and spirit.
No prior experience required!
SOME REASONS TO TAKE THIS COURSE:
- You are a yoga instructor wanting to learn traditional asana adjustments to bring into your classes
- You are a licensed massage therapist (LMT) looking to introduce new techniques into your practice (this course offers 18 CEU, NCBTMB approved)
- You want to learn how to touch your loved ones in healing ways and gain practice doing so
- You want to learn about Ayurveda and Yogic philosophy, including more about the chakras
- You are interested in beginning a career in the healing arts
- You want to learn something new that supports your wellbeing
- You are interested in supporting your family and friends to increase their health
- You want to join a community of people interested in health and healing where you live
- You want a hands on way to express your love, compassion and joy with the people in your life
THIS FUNDAMENTALS OF SOMAVEDA® THAI YOGA COURSE INCLUDES:
- 18 Hours of Personalized Training & Instruction
- SomaVeda® Thai Yoga & Thai Massage Training Manual
- Official SomaVeda® Certificate Recognizing Course Completion
- 18 Credit / CE Hours NCBTMB approval for Licensed Massage Therapists
- $450 Standard Rate
Register with Elizabeth directly via the form on her website at the bottom of the page.